03 Jun Cultivating Radiance
Can a 3-minute practice change your day?
Yes, we know these practices work. Yet, the motivation and skill to execute the practice regularly is often lacking. Examples include high intensity exercise, powernaps, tactical calming, and sleep preparation. I would like to share one that works really well for me. Simply follow the instructions below or click on the link and print a 3-minute practice to improve your day.
Secure more calm, enthusiasm, love, gratitude, and joy in your day and your life.
Three minutes each morning for deliberate practice – in bed, sitting or walking
Follow each instruction for 30 seconds
- Exhale fully, relax face and neck and breathe low and slow, feeling the breath move
- Follow your exhalation to the base of your spine and seek the deepest feeling of calm and steadiness you can imagine. Feel the base of a mountain, a tree trunk or deep ocean to help you strongly feel a core of calm, stability and confidence in the moment.
- Expand your inhalation up through the spine and feel your physical energy and strength. Seek aliveness. Treasure every living process within you seeking your life force and passion to be.
- Open your heart area and bring to mind those you love dearly. Send each person a pulse of loving-kindness. Expand your altruism with a sincere desire that everyone be healthy, happy and successful.2
- Focus attention on your forehead. Really fix your attention on a spot between your eyebrows. With gratitude for this moment of pure, clear, stable focus go deep into the experience of one pointed attention.
- Imagine the sun shining on your head and allow yourself to feel blessed by goodness and the blessing of life. Rest in the flow of happiness, contentment, joy, and bliss.
Start your day and enjoy the afterglow. Notice how the probability that you are calm, energised, kind, clear and happy increases.