Declan Scott and Dr Sven Hansen sit down to discuss diet, nutrition, keto-adaptation, ethical eating and five key dietary guiding principles.
Join us now for this first edition of Resilient Conversations.
Dr Sven’s five dietary guiding principles for optimal performance
- Vegetables – eat 9 – 13 servings per day (each serving fits in the palm of your hand)
- Remove excess sugars – avoid bread, pasta, highly refined foods (high GI foods)
- Balance your meals – keep it simple with 1/3 quality protein, 1/3 carbohydrate from vegetables, 1/3 fat
- Learn to burn fat – become keto-adapted by reducing carbohydrate intake
- Enjoy it – make meals a joyful experience