Research Highlight: Vitality is a super skill
The statement “I enjoy vibrant, good health and high energy” separates the most successful 10% from the rest.*
What is vitality?
Vitality is both an output and an input. Those who wait for vitality to come from doctors, public services and luck will suffer. Those who fail to invest in the foundations or take the decision to be vital fall to fatigue, illness and suffering.
Only 9% of the least resilient people score vitality with ‘very often’ or ‘nearly always’.
Question: What does vitality look and feel like right now?
Condition: Be fit, sleep well, relax and eat well
Discipline: Open and lengthen your posture to let energy flow
Caution: Be sure to rest, sleep and recover enough to revitalise
What you can do right now?
- Resist fatigue and apathy. Commit to the pursuit of vitality
- Lengthen your posture and exhale fully – head back and chin up
- As you inhale imagine energy flowing up through your body in a spiral
- Let your eyes sparkle with the crinkle of a smile
In the background:
- Secure your sleep
- Build all-round fitness
- Relax, breathe or meditate
- Be playful and seek to extend your creativity
*Research from our sample of 21,000, click for full report.