Effective: May 1, 2018
In this policy, we’ll refer Resilience Institute International Limited as (“Resilience”), https://resiliencei.com/ as (“Site”), mobile application as (“App”), the different ways to use our features, applications, and services (together, or individually, the (“Service”), and cookies and similar technologies collectively as (“Cookie Technologies”).
Cookies are small data files sent from a server to your web browser. They are stored in your browser’s cache and allow a website or a third-party to recognize your browser. There are three primary types of cookies:
- Session cookies are specific to a visit and carry information as you view different pages, so you don’t have to re-enter information every time you change pages or attempt to checkout. Session cookies expire and delete themselves automatically in a short period of time after you leave the Site or when you close your web browser.
- Persistent cookies remember certain information about your preferences for viewing the Site and allow Resilience to recognize you each time you return. Persistent cookies are stored on your browser cache or mobile device until you choose to delete them, and otherwise typically delete themselves at expiration.
- First-party cookies are those set by a website that is being visited by the user at the time to preserve your settings (e.g., while on our Site).
- Third-party cookies are placed by someone other than Resilience and may gather browsing activity across multiple websites and across multiple sessions. They are usually a type of persistent cookie and are stored until you delete them, or they expire based on the time period set in each third-party cookie.
Other Similar Technologies
In addition to cookies, there are other similar technologies used by Resilience.
- Web beacons are tiny graphics (sometimes called “clear GIFs” or “web pixels”) with a unique identifier that are used to understand browsing activity. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are rendered invisibly on web pages when you open a page.
- Social widgets are buttons or icons provided by third-party social media providers that allow you to interact with those social media services when you view a webpage and mobile application. These social widgets may collect browsing data, which may be received by the third party that provided the widget and are controlled by the third parties.
- Similar technologies are technologies that store information in your browser or device utilizing local shared objects or local storage, such as flash cookies, HTML 5 cookies, and other web application software methods. These technologies can operate across all of your browsers, and in some instances may not be fully managed by your browser and may require management directly through your installed applications or device. We do not use these technologies for storing information to target advertising to you on or off our Site.
Our cookies, web beacons and similar technologies serve various purposes, but are generally either necessary or essential to the functioning of our Service, help us improve the performance of or provide you extra functionality of the same, or help us to serve relevant and targeted advertisements. More generally, Resilience uses Cookie Technologies for the following reasons:
Strictly Necessary or Essential:
‘Strictly necessary’ or “essential” cookies, web beacons and similar technologies let you move around the Site and use essential features like secure areas and shopping baskets. Without these technologies, the Service you have asked for cannot be provided. Please note that these technologies do not gather any information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you’ve been on the internet. Accepting these technologies is a condition of using our Site or, so if you prevent these from loading we can’t guarantee your use or how the security, authentication and logging will perform during your visit.
‘Performance’ cookies, web beacons and similar technologies collect information about how you use our Site e.g. which pages you visit, and if you experience any errors. These cookies do not collect any information that could identify you and is only used to help us improve how our Site works, understand what interests our users and measure how effective our content is by providing anonymous statistics and data regarding how our website is used. Accepting these technologies is a condition of using our Site, so if you prevent these from loading we can’t guarantee your use or how the security therein will perform during your visit.
These cookies, web beacons or similar technologies are used to provide services or to remember settings to improve your visit.
First or third-party cookies and web beacons may be placed on our Site in order to deliver content, including product related advertisements, relevant to your specific interests on our sites or third-party sites. These technologies allow us to understand how useful our advertisements are and improve the relevancy of the content delivered to our users.
We also utilize 3rd party service providers to assist us in delivering on the same functions, which means that our authorized service providers may also place cookies, web beacons and similar technologies on your device via our services (third party cookies). They may also collect information that helps them identify your device, such as IP-address, or other unique or device identifiers.
You have a variety of tools to control cookies, web beacons and similar technologies, including browser controls to block and delete cookies and controls from some third-party analytics service providers to opt-out of data collection through web beacons and similar technologies. Your browser and other choices may impact your experiences with our Service.
Services in the App
The App may include third-party application software development kits that provide mobile performance and analytics data, bug reporting features, and APIs to third parties that help provide the Services, for social media functionality, and for marketing and promotion.
Consent, Contract, and Legitimate Interests in Processing
Certain Cookie Technologies are employed to make the Site function for its intended purpose and are provided based on contractual necessity based on your agreement with Resilience to perform the Service you have requested. These include the functions strictly necessary to the Service noted above.
By choosing to use our Service after having been notified of our use of Cookie Technologies in the ways described in this Policy, and, in applicable jurisdictions, through notice and acknowledgement of your consent, you agree to such use.
Managing Cookie Technologies
You have the ability to control the use of certain Cookie Technologies.
Opt-in and Opt-out on Browsers
When you use Resilience via a browser, you can change your web browser’s settings to reflect your cookie preferences for cookies directly from the site you are on or for third-party cookies. Each browser is a little different, but usually these settings are under the “options” or “preferences” menu. The links below provide information about cookie settings for the browsers supported by Resilience:
Opt-out of Third-Party Networks
If you do not wish to have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based advertisements, you may decline to receive interest based ads through Network Advertising Initiative (NAI), click here, (or if you are located in the European Union click here). Please note this does not stop you from being served advertisements. You will continue to receive generic advertisements. Please note that if you reject or block all cookies in your browser settings, you will not be able to take advantage of Resilience’s Service as some cookies are necessary for the Site to function properly.
Google Analytics Opt-out
For Google Analytics Advertising Features, you can opt-out through Google Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means (for example, the NAI’s consumer opt-out listed above). Google also provides a Google Analytics opt-out plug-in for the web.
If you access Resilience through the use of our Service, you may also control interest-based advertising on an iOS or Android device by selecting the privacy section of the settings on iOS or Android-based devices (usually in the Google Settings app). This will not prevent you from seeing advertisements but will limit the use of device advertising identifiers to personalize ads based on your interests.
Types of Cookies & Similar Technologies Used by Resilience
|Service Provider||Cookie Name||Domain||Use||Expiration|
|Google Analytics||_ga||resiliencei.com||Analytics and marketing||728 days|
|Mailchimp.com||Email marketing subscription box||118 days|
|Stripe||__stripe_mid||Stripe.com||Payment processing||186 days|
|Resiliencei.com / Shop||woocommerce_cart_hash |
|Resiliencei.com||Shopping cart||7 days|