The global leader in resilience training and measurement
The Institute was founded in 2002. Its mission is to deliver high impact, practical, evidence-based and integrated Resilience training by bringing together modern preventative medicine, positive psychology, emotional intelligence, cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) and neuroscience.
The current reality is a world of increasing uncertainty.
To date, thousands of executives and professionals have joined our community. They have built stronger bodies, achieved greater levels of emotional intelligence, and have developed stronger minds.
- 1989: Foundations in sports medicine
- 2002: Resilience Institute founded
- 2003: Australia – Stuart launches in Melbourne
- 2003: Five books on Practical Resilience
- 2008: Resilient 360 – 1000 participants
- 2010: Europe – Alexia, Laurent and Benoit launch in Europe
- 2011: Singapore – Thierry launches Singapore
- 2010: The Resilience Diagnostic – Over 20,000 participants
- 2013: China – Bruce launches in Shanghai
- 2013: Resilience Training – Over 45,000 participants
- 2014: Online training – Over 500 participants globally
- 2015: Publication of Inside-Out: The Practice of Resilience
- 2015: Resilience Diagnostic Interactive – Private learning laboratory
- 2016: Launch of the Resilience App – Web and smartphone training platform
- 2016: Publish Global Diagnostic Report – Resilience delivers results
- 2017: Australia becomes Springfox
- 2017: Sponsor NZPF – Working to build resilience in schools
- 2017: Launch Your Resilience Journey – Complete resilience training for teams and individuals
- 2018: Launch the Resilience App
- 2019: Resilience Institute South Africa established
The Resilience Institute seeks to study, practice and teach the biology of resilience. We define resilience as the learned ability to demonstrate bounce, courage, creativity and connection.
To optimise body, heart, mind and spirit in our lives, in our community of practice, in our organisational clients, and in our communities.
An evidence-based, integral and practical method for liberating human potential. We do this through five core modules applied in leadership, team training and coaching: master stress, energise the body, engage the emotions, train the mind, spirit in action.
One of the things we’re grappling with is the pace of technology and change occurring right now. As an industry, we have largely been protected from change due to high barriers to entry. But if we don’t change, we could be the taxi companies that get disrupted and disrupted in 3-5 years. That is quite frightening. So how do we get comfortable with change, respond to change and find ways to come up with ideas, to collaborate and talk beyond just our roles or level of experience. We need people to be themselves, you need to have your whole self at work. If corporates were to mature 10-15 years, resilience would ideally just be a natural part of what we do and how we act.
Resilience drives performance
Growing capability, together
Resilience is an evidence-based, integral and practical solution to the human dimension of work. Building resilience mitigates problems like depression, distress and illness. It liberates the potential in our people to be well, effective and whole. Resilience is a foundation and goal of strategy.
We face a variety of part solutions – EAP, insurance, wellness, EQ, mindfulness, etc. – that can trivialise the importance of preparing and challenging your people to be at their best on the job and at home. Resilient people are calm, energised, engaged, focused and creative. A resilient organisation serves with vision, humility and care. It is adaptive, innovative and tenacious. It is a force for good.
When your organisation is resilient you will attract resilient people. This virtuous cycle separates the truly great from the average. The Resilience Institute has a proven solution to measuring the human dimension, targeting the right investments, and delivering the results that underpin success.