Resilient people create resilient organizations. Together we can create a more resilient planet.
The Resilience Institute was founded in 2002 by a medical doctor, Dr. Sven Hansen.
We deliver high-impact, practical, evidence-based, and integrated resilience training. Our tools and program bring together modern preventative medicine, positive psychology, emotional intelligence, cognitive behavior therapy (CBT), neuroscience, and high-performance sport.
The current reality is a world of increasing uncertainty.
To date, thousands of executives and professionals have joined our community. They have built stronger bodies, achieved greater levels of emotional intelligence, and developed stronger minds.
- 1989: Foundations in sports medicine
- 2002: Resilience Institute founded in New Zealand
- 2003: 🌎 Australia – Stuart Taylor launches in Melbourne
- 2003: Five books on Practical Resilience
- 2008: Resilience Diagnostic online
- 2010: 🌎 Europe – Alexia, Laurent and Benoit launch in Europe
- 2011: 🌎 Singapore – Thierry launches Singapore
- 2010: The Resilience Diagnostic – Over 20,000 participants
- 2013: 🌎 China – Bruce launches in Shanghai
- 2013: Resilience Training – Over 45,000 participants
- 2014: Online training – released to participants globally
- 2015: Publication of Inside-Out: The Practice of Resilience
- 2015: Resilience Diagnostic Interactive version created
- 2016: Launch of the RAPT – a web and smartphone training platform
- 2016: 📒 Publcation of Global Report – Resilience Delivers Results
- 2017: Resilience Training – Over 60,000 participants
- 2017: Australian territory rebrands as Springfox
- 2017: Launch Your Resilience Journey – digital resilience training for teams and individuals
- 2018: Launch the Resilience App
- 2018: Publication of Global Report – Resilience Enables Strategic Agility
- 2019: 🌎 Resilience Institute South Africa established
- 2019: Creation of Flowbot digital resilience assistant
- 2020: Resilience Training – Over 100,000 participants
- 2020: 📒 Publication of Global Report – Reduce Risk. Lift Performance.
- 2021: Resilience Institute becomes Resilience Institute Global SA – headquartered in Switzerland
- 2021: Benoit Greindl becomes CEO
- 2021: Launch of Resilience Podcast
- 2021: Launch of 1-Minute Coach and Positivity Wheel within Resilience App
- 2022: 🌎 Establishment of Resilience Institute North American office
- 2022: 📒 Publication of Global Report – Performance with Care
- 2022: Research partnership with E4S
The Resilience Institute seeks to study, measure, practice, and teach resilience. We support human growth.
Resilient people, create resilient organizations, which can work to create a more resilient planet.
We deliver an evidence-based, integral, and practical method for achieving performance with care.
One of the things we’re grappling with is the pace of technology and change occurring right now. As an industry, we have largely been protected from change due to high barriers to entry. But if we don’t change, we could be the taxi companies that get disrupted and disrupted in 3-5 years. That is quite frightening. So how do we get comfortable with change, respond to change and find ways to come up with ideas, to collaborate and talk beyond just our roles or level of experience. We need people to be themselves, you need to have your whole self at work. If corporates were to mature 10-15 years, resilience would ideally just be a natural part of what we do and how we act.
Resilience drives performance
Growing capability, together
Resilience is an evidence-based, integral and practical solution to the human dimension of work. Building resilience mitigates problems like depression, distress and illness. It liberates the potential in our people to be well, effective and whole. Resilience is a foundation and goal of strategy.
We face a variety of part solutions – EAP, insurance, wellness, EQ, mindfulness, etc. – that can trivialise the importance of preparing and challenging your people to be at their best on the job and at home. Resilient people are calm, energised, engaged, focused and creative. A resilient organisation serves with vision, humility and care. It is adaptive, innovative and tenacious. It is a force for good.
When your organisation is resilient you will attract resilient people. This virtuous cycle separates the truly great from the average. The Resilience Institute has a proven solution to measuring the human dimension, targeting the right investments, and delivering the results that underpin success.