New Zealand’s most trusted resilience training partner since 2002
The Resilience Institute was founded in by Dr Sven Hansen in 2002. Our mission is to deliver high impact, practical, evidence-based and integrated Resilience training by bringing together modern preventative medicine, positive psychology, emotional intelligence, cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) and neuroscience.
To date, hundreds of thousands of executives and professionals have participated in our programme. They have built stronger bodies, achieved greater levels of emotional intelligence, and have developed stronger minds.
Our programme is designed to build competencies across mental health, stress management, wellbeing, emotion, positivity, focus and flow. We support organisations with training and toolkits that result, on average, in a 38% growth in resilience.
Resilience is the learned ability to bounce, grow, connect and flow.Dr Sven Hansen, Founder, the Resilience Institute
We work with many of New Zealand’s leading companies, government departments and educational institutions. Our approach is practical, integral and evidence-based. We provide high-impact face-to-face training as well as blended and online learning experiences. The Resilience Diagnostic assessment enables measurement of organisational resilience while providing team members with personalised resilience action plans.
Based out of Auckland and Tauranga, our team of facilitators deliver workshops and keynote presentations countrywide. Find out about how resilience enables strategic agility in our latest research report.
Contact us now
Please do contact us if you would like to discuss how Resilience Institute can support your efforts.
The New Zealand Resilience Training Programme
Our programme leads participants on a learning journey designed to engage, inform and build confidence in the key skills that underpin personal resilience. The method involves assessing individual resilience, acquiring practical skills and behaviours, followed by ongoing focus themes and habit tracking to drive behavioural change. Discover more about our approach.
Key Outcomes of the Programme
- Participants gain a clear understanding of resilience
- Understand how to read and act on your Resilience Diagnostic report
- Know how resilience fails and how to detect it early
- Learn real-time skills in bounce back and recovery
- Build breathing for sleep, focus and relaxation
- Finding the sustainable performance state
- Manage the drivers of prevention and wellbeing
- Fitness–flexibility, strength, aerobic, HIT & posture
- Securing sleep, dealing with fatigue and travel
- Simple, evidence-based meal planning
- Knowing how to fit your self-care into your day
- Reduce impulsivity; effective under pressure
- Understand basics of emotional intelligence
- Counter negative and build constructive emotions
- Recognizing how to focus and rejuvenate the mind
- Learn how to reframe body, heart and mind
- Increasing Flow for productive and creative work
- Developing and sharing a personal plan